It’s a wrap! Thank you so much, readers. This series on Discovering True Beauty has been encouraging for me to write. It has also helped discipline me in areas that I needed, areas like today’s topic, that being beautiful also entails having a grateful heart. It is my prayer that this mini-series has encouraged and blessed you as you have read and followed along. I would love to hear your thoughts on this series. If there is anything that has stood out to you over the past month, could you send me a message and let me know? Or could you respond to this last post in the comment section? You feedback is much appreciated.
image via daily good
Being grateful is one of the most beautiful qualities a person can have. Have you ever spent any time around someone who is thankful for everything? Their positive outlook cheers you up, encourages you, helps you feel secure and allows you to be in the presence of pure joy. Without even knowing it, you become happy yourself or at least you begin to recognize your happiness within more than you normally do.
Colossians 3:16 says “Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts.” I love this particular verse. It is impact full of wisdom but it also gives the directive to sing to God with gratitude in your heart. The verse right before the above mentioned verse says, “Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.” ~Colossians 3:15~ Within these two verses we see the words gratitude and thankful. We are reminded of the importance of being grateful.
Gratitude is one of those areas that has changed my life. Instead of always looking for what I can obtain next, I have learned to be content with what I have already been given. My outlook on life has went from being negative and always searching to noticing what is in front of me and being happy with what I have. I have also found it extremely important to teach this to my own children early on in their lives. The longer you have gratitude, the longer you live a happier and healthier life.
The heart reflects the beauty that lies within it. Gratitude helps others to see the true beauty that is reflected from within the heart.
Ways to be Grateful or Show Your Gratitude
1. Write and send personal hand-written thank-you notes. This has become a novelty due to the advancement of technology.
2. Wake up and write about or journal three things you are grateful for each day.
3. Take gratitude walks where you look around you, notice and voice the things you are most grateful for.
4. Tell people immediately when you are thankful for them. This is encouraging to people and gives them a reason to keep on doing what they are doing. Keep in mind that people do not remember what you know, they remember how you made them feel.
5. Teach your children and those around you about gratitude by modeling it everywhere you go. If you are constantly positive, grateful and respectful to those around you, then chance are, others will be also.
#write31days #31DaysToDiscoveringTrueBeauty #TheBeautyOfAGratefulHeart